Support the Stage
San Jose Stage Company Members Receive Exclusive Benefits:
As a member, you’ll enjoy:
- Savings of up to 30% over single tickets and never miss a show due to sold-out performances
- Flexibility and peace of mind with free exchanges (up to 24 hours before the performance) and calendared events into your busy schedule
- A “Family and Friends” discount of $5 off all additional ticket purchases
- Sampling delicious restaurants in downtown San Jose with a special restaurant certificate
- Being part of the greater arts community with periodic discounts and special offers to other arts organizations
Join us today and guarantee yourself a season of provocative, edgy and imaginative art shared with a community of curious, thoughtful individuals who are engaged in the world around them.
Your Support Makes Award-Winning Theatre at San Jose Stage Company Possible!
As a not-for-profit, professional theatre company, our work is possible because of the generous support from our donors. Every dollar counts and helps bridge the 50% gap between ticket revenue and the actual cost to produce extraordinary theatre. There are many ways to support The Stage with a tax-deductible gift that will make a tremendous difference.
Won’t you join us?
There's a role for you at The Stage. You can make a difference in a variety of ways.
- Individual contributions
- Planned giving
- Stock donations
- In-kind contributions
Your corporation or business can help the arts thrive in a number of ways while enjoying benefits and recognition that meet your marketing and business objectives and provide unique entertainment opportunities.
- Corporate contributions
- Show sponsorships: help raise the curtain. Sponsor a production!
- Monday Night Live! Underwriters
- Corporate Match: many companies will match gifts of employees, board members, spouses, and retirees. Contact your human resources department for a matching gift form, fill it out, and send it to us at: 490 South 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95113. Your gift will go twice as far!
Theatres have great needs outside budgeted line items and San Jose Stage is no exception. Here's a short list of items that are always welcome:
- Digital camera
- Video camera and equipment
- Power tools in working condition
- Office equipment and supplies
- Rehearsal and storage space
- Local housing for artists
- Airfare for artists
- Vintage costumes
Contact us to learn more about how you or your company can contribute to the ongoing success of San Jose Stage Company and the provocative productions and programs offered each season.
Get Involved with Us
Dedicated volunteers and interns are always needed and play an important role at San Jose Stage Company. There are a variety of ways to get involved and contribute to the company from ushering, front of house, and administrative work to helping the production department.
Front of House
We’re always looking for friendly people to provide outstanding customer service to our patrons. We need volunteers to usher and staff the concession stand for each show. Front of House volunteers must be available starting at one hour before the performance and are asked to dress in black and white.
If you like being behind-the-scenes, helping the production department might be just for you. Volunteers are needed to help on specific dates with the load-in and strike of sets. Production volunteers should wear clothing and shoes that allow for safety and range of movement.
Maybe you like working in an office environment? There are often administrative tasks and general office duties to perform. Administrative volunteers must be available between noon and five p.m. weekdays. Contact our volunteer coordinator to learn more and get involved at email@example.com.
Work with Us
San Jose Stage Company offers a rewarding experience for college students, graduates and young professionals who are interested in pursuing a career in theatre. Internships are offered in stage management, costuming, lighting, sound, scenic design, marketing/PR and dramaturgy. Our intern program provides a professional working environment with the opportunity to work with some of the Bay Area's top artists. Academic credit may be arranged with the individual college and university. Contact our production manager to discuss internship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Jose Stage Company is a professional theatre that operates under a BAT Tier III Equity contract and also offers non-union contracts. We audit the Theatre Bay Area General Auditions. For information on these auditions, contact Theatre Bay Area. Our own general auditions, as well as those for specific shows, are held during the season and will be posted here and on the Equity hotline.
Actors interested in working for San Jose Stage Company can also send a headshot and resume to the address below or email this information to the production manager at email@example.com.
San Jose Stage Company
490 South First Street
San Jose, CA 95113